Earliest Survey Map of Comox Harbour C.1880

(Click to Enlarge)                                                                                                  George Richard’s Hydrographic Survey Map of Comox Harbour (formerly Port Augusta Bay) C.1880. It shows the depth soundings taken in various directions from the end of Goose Spit. It also shows the wharf, Elk Hotel and the start of what would become Comox Avenue.